If you are looking for CVCE phonics games that are aligned with the Science of Reading principles, look no further! These 100% decodable phonics games are perfect for giving your students additional practice decoding words. These summer themed CVCE games are low/no prep and provide a super easy center for your classroom. A full color and line art version of these phonics activities is included!
・・ A B O U T・ T H I S・ R E S O U R C E・・
What is the purpose of this product?
- Students need practice decoding words with a particular phonics pattern. When students are just starting to work on words with s-blends, the word ‘strawberry’ shouldn’t be in that packet! I believe that words should be 100% decodable, so when you purchase any of the resources from this line, you will only find words that are decodable.
What makes these games unique?
I get it. There’s TONS of phonics games out there. However, I’ve carefully created these games to be:
- 100% decodable (each unit builds on previous units)
- Systematic (You can find 8 total units of these games from CVC words to R Controlled vowels)
What do you mean they are systematic?
- Each unit builds on previous units. If students can read CVC words, they are ready for unit 2 which is short vowel blends. When you get to unit 3, students will see short vowel digraphs and the words may also include some blends as well. You can have students working on whatever unit is appropriate for their needs.
How can I use these games for differentiation?
In total, this line of resources includes 8 units all of which come in 4 seasons and one year-round resource. Every season of every unit is IDENTICAL, except the words are changed. This means, you can easily group students by the phonics skills they need and then give them all the same game but with different words. For instance, every student in the room can be playing the gem mining board game, but the words they use will be different. No group will realize that their words are easier or harder than the other groups! Click here to see the different units and seasons I have available, and grab the ones that are appropriate for your students!
How much prep is required for this resource?
- Every game in this resource is no-prep (just print and go!) or low prep using straight line cuts. I’ve made these games as easy as possible for teachers. After a quick trip to the paper cutter, you are ready to go.
What games are included?
You will receive 13 games. Please check out the preview to learn more about each game. The include games are:
- Board Game
- Connect 5
- Guess the Word
- I Have
- Read and Cover
- Rock, Paper, Scissors
- Round and Round
- Ups and Downs
- Word Races
What is included with each game?
Every game includes:
- Teacher directions for prepping/storing
- Student directions for playing
- Organization cover page for storing games
- Full color version
- Line art version
What else do I need to play the games?
Many games include all necessary materials. Occasionally, you may find the teacher directions indicate that you will need to include things like dice or counters. All items are clearly labeled on the teacher direction page.
There are no reviews yet.